Leave it better than you found it.
– Robert Baden-Powell (founder of the Boy Scouts)
2023? How did we do? During these last couple of weeks, we can’t help but look back at our goals and see what we accomplished. If you are like a lot of people, you may feel a little discouraged and want to renew your subscription to the “Should Have, Would Have, Could Have Club”. Instead of feeling dissatisfied, maybe we can shift that feeling to a sense of gratitude and even accomplishment. How do we do that?
Let’s build on the concept adopted by the Boy Scouts: How did we leave the world (the year 2023) a little better than we found it? Here are some intangible, but powerful ways to think about the impactful contributions that you made this year:
- How did you share your time, wisdom and attention with friends, family and loved ones?
- How did you role model Personal Leadership Essentials (Personal Responsibility, Purpose, Planning, Passion, Positive Expectancy, Persistence)?
- How did you demonstrate the character traits of respect, honesty, and integrity?
- Who did you encourage to keep going during their challenging times?
- Who did you coach to new levels of performance and thinking?
- How did you spread positivity to those around you?
As we pack up our gear from Camp ‘23, let’s also take time to reflect on:
- What amazing sights and adventures do we want to always remember?
- Who traveled this journey with us?
- Who carried the load when we got tired?
- Who should we thank?
- What do we need to do before we start our next journey? (rest, thank others, reflect, make plans)
- What insights do we have for next year?
Thank you for taking this journey with us in 2023, and we look forward to setting up Camp ’24 with you! As always, we are committed to your success!
“To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived — that is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson