During the holidays, we plan special treats for our teams to show our thanks for everything they have done for us during the year. While these are always appreciated, there are a couple of meaningful ways to express our thanks throughout the year.
Establishing and maintaining a healthy work environment is one of the most sincere and impactful “thanks” you can give as a leader. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Is your communication style truly two-way?
- Are you consistent with giving team performance updates?
- Are you consistent with giving individual performance feedback?
- Do you explain the “why” behind the directions that you give?
- Do you encourage questions and new ideas from your team?
- How would team members describe the quality of communication they receive from you?
- Have you established a “no-limits” belief in the potential of your team?
- Do you know the current and future skills needed for your team?
- Have you worked with each team member to build a plan for their future?
- Do you support continuing education, cross-training, and team training?
- Are you a role model for being a lifelong learner?
- What techniques do you use to motivate your team – fear, incentive, or internal motivation?
- Do you know what motivates your group to work as a team?
- Do you know what motivates each of your team members?
- Do you have a written motivation plan for each of your team members?
- Do you know what motivates you?
We want to thank you for being the leaders that you are – we know it is a huge commitment. We hope you join us in spending this season thanking those around us. If you need coach support with any of the ideas above, please reach out to us – we are committed to your success!